Thursday, July 31, 2014

Jazz musicians save Jewish concentration camps

Few weeks H, journalists pressed at home on the outskirts of west Heinz "here" Schumann, in Berlin to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the musician. Humble dwelling of his, looks like a German nonagenrio other. But a closer look at the picture on the wall, and to reveal the life was molded, in a way, it is saved by music. Jewish father, Europe, Africa, the Middle East Protestant; parents Schumann was in German \u0026 ndash. He refused the first 10 years of the Nazi regime, as at Berlin, to wear the yellow star. In spite of the ban the popular ognero of the United States, popular remained, hiding in the house of the German friends sometimes, her parents, has been moved through the Berlin, but Schumann, Nazi authorities alternative . Catch Me too  "in 1942", Schumann had a confrontation of his first law of Nazi racial. Group of SS officers. Elite system of police. His band is playing, I went into the bar omsico. The guards, was looking for people of other Jews and that the German government is trying to eradicate. And his band Schumann while continuing to play, and APSA entry of executives, climbed to the stage, members of the Jewish audience, tried to escape by the back door. If "you want to prend it," I,, ' "omsico will need to arrest me too probably recalls you it said, was a SS officer. "I said:" First, because I'm Jewish. Secondly, because I'm underage. Third, because I have been playing jazz ". You've been in stuck \u0026 ndash to opportunity "it, but. Believes Schumann the SS officer during, he was believed to be a ndash with the Jews, things have been changed in the following year. In 1943, German authorities began to deport the German Christian ascendncia Jewish. Apparently, love musicians, accused authorities of some was a Jew. He said it should be presented at the police station omsico Alexander that it has received a letter from the designated police in crime. Arrested when he arrived at the scene, it is sent to the Gestapo, Schumann was deported to concentration camps.  "Theresienstadt. Auschwitz. Dachau. Nobody  "Really, I say do believe that it has made in these locations. The long "time, I felt nobody would not understand what I saw. I also understand. "Schumann, was saved thanks to the guard, responsible for recognizing the jazz scene in Berlin from the camera of a gas of Auschwitz, to select the new entrants who has placed him in the music group of Roma. Also Anteteriormente camps of Theresienstadt ghetto known as omsico Theresienstadt that was playing the guitar in a band known informally as ghetto-based community. In September 1944, he was transferred to Auschwitz he left about 5 months. Ndash between Jews including, Poles, Roma, homosexuals, and others; ndash innocent & guards Germans while killing thousands;. The long "Ma, I suppress what I saw: The eyes of the children, the organization is driven to the camera of GS, is unloaded, remember the" Schumann. He survived concentraoe returned to Berlin in 1945 camp. As walked the famous boulevard bombing Kurfürstendamm, the city, he met Theresienstadt survivor, to his wife he also. Schumann says, "When I met her, I did not know that was Theresienstadt She also," said. Since I was a drummer for the ghetto Adult "However, she knew me. I know opblico musicians, opblico to know the musicians sometimes. "Someday, married in Berlin later, two people, emigrated to Australia who lived five years they. However, it missed the jazz scene from his native country, they went back to West Berlin in the middle of the 1950s. His career took off in the jazz scene in Berlin was reborn in late fall of Nazism APSA Speaking of past. Schumann wrote, in addition to experimenting with electric guitar, and began to compose music. He also co-starred Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong. Musician, turn it played in cruise ship of Europe made, came to be known as the most famous guitarist swing of Germany. For years, he refused to speak about their experiences in the German concentration camps. He has changed ten years ago when the survivors, attended the event in Berlin. I did not want to talk, "Schumann says" He. "But, was with his wife at the ceremony to camp survivors I. There was a guest of Israel from all over the world, and New York. However, every time you saw acmera, I off I. Reporters heard a few things about me, I found was in the concentration camps. Close to me again, and said to his cameraman: "minute acmera turn '. You do not change at the time of V acmera always "Why: If he asked. '. I said: "I do not want to talk". And he said: If you do not want to talk about it, people who tell you what happened by L  "You. '. At that moment, I thought he was right, "something is, has changed. Since then, Schumann, was the talk of her school of documentary and TV Germany. He felt lucky to have survived the concentration camps. While the experience has left a mark on the life of inapagvel him, he did not say to society store mgoa or relative that does not exceed the German. Schumann says, "I was lucky that it has escaped the concentration camps," said.  "It's the only problem. I survived. I still alive.  ".

No comments:

Post a Comment